Enterprise Rent-A-Car handles all ECU University vehicle reservations for business use. This collaboration provides an added cost savings and service to the University. Only ECU faculty, staff and students traveling on university business are eligible to use the link provided on this website to make reservations and receive the ECU discount.
Enterprise will provide free pick up service if you need transportation to the rental facility from your office or home. There are over 220 Enterprise facilities within the state of NC. When you return the vehicle, they will also provide a free ride back to your home or office. Enterprise facility closest to the ECU campus is 104 Greenville Blvd. SE; phone number, (252) 321-2805.
ECU encourages all faculty and staff to rent vehicles versus driving personal vehicles and receiving mileage reimbursement. Often times it is less to rent a vehicle through Enterprise as an ECU discount is applied during the reservation process. Additionally, Enterprise includes insurance in its pricing.
Please note the following:
- Personal rental reservations not related to university business are NOT permissible using the ECU reservation link. Only ECU Faculty, Staff traveling on university business are eligible to use the Enterprise reservation link provided.
- Enterprise reservations are also permitted for students traveling on behalf of a department for university business.
- Per University policy you are encouraged to use your ProCard.
How Do I Reserve a Vehicle?
1. Making a Reservation Online
1. Use the Enterprise Reservation Site https://partners.rentalcar.com/stateofnorthcarolina/#/business/universities
Do you need a 15 Passenger van? – These reservations should be made over the phone, calling the pick-up location directly. Please follow the complete instructions, including the required Certificate of Insurance Form, on the Office of Environmental Health & Safety web site BEFORE leaving for your destination.
2. Select the ECU account that meets your transportation need:
- ECU Motor Pool – ProCard (Reservation made with the driver’s ECU ProCard)
- ECU Athletics (Reservations for ECU Athletic team)
3. Pickup Location
- Pickup/return location, pickup date, return date, time and drivers age must be completed.
- Please Remember – you must have your ECU ProCard or major credit card with you when you pick up the vehicle.
- If the driver would like to use the complimentary pick up service that Enterprise provides, the driver must contact the Enterprise location selected after completing the online reservation.
4. Select a Vehicle
- Select a vehicle from the listed options.
- Intermediate/Standard or smaller cars only
5. Adding Extras
- Collision damage waiver full – this is included with every rental, so this box will always be checked.
- Optional Extras – If you decide to select an “Extra”, you will be responsible for paying for that extra with a personal major credit card when picking up the vehicle.
Please Note – ECU will not pay for any extras selected for your travel.
6. Drivers Information
- Complete the required driver information.
- The name on the ECU ProCard/Major Credit Card must match the driver’s name on the reservation.
7. Department Fund and Org
- The Department’s FOAP number, Department Name and In State/Out of State information is required.
8. Enterprise Plus/Emerald Club Member
- If you are an Enterprise Plus/Emerald Club member, you will have the opportunity to enter your number.
9. ECU Billing Number
- On the last page of the online reservation system, it will ask for the ECU Billing Number.
- This is not the fund/org number; instead it is a number that Enterprise has assigned to ECU to ensure that the reservation is valid. Your department Admin was provided this number. If your department does not have this number, please email Central Motor Pool: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Making a Reservation by Phone (15 Passenger Van Rentals)
These reservations should be made over the phone, calling the pick-up location directly.
Greenville Enterprise Locations:
- 104 Greenville Blvd SE – 252-321-2805
- Pitt Greenville Airport – 400 Airport Rd, Ste E – 252-758-3400
- Hastings Ford – 3013 E 10th Street – 252-931-0079
- 3525 S Memorial Drive – 252-355-0602
An ECU Account number is required when making reservations over the phone.
If you have any problem with making the phone reservation you can email email@example.com.
There are required steps after reserving a 15-Passenger Van that MUST be completed BEFORE Traveling:
- Visit the Office of Environmental Health & Safety, University Insurance web site for full instructions and link to the required Certificate of Insurance form.
- You will need to complete the online Certificate of Insurance Form and SUBMIT BEFORE YOU LEAVE for your destination.
- Most of the specific vehicle information needed to complete the form, such as year, make, model, VIN#, and license plate will not be known until you pick up the rental vehicle; therefore, you may wish to complete the form at the rental agency when picking up the van. This can be done on your mobile device. The above information should also be on the rental receipt and paperwork.
- There is a feature on the form for you to upload a screen shot or photo of the rental receipt and paperwork with required vehicle information.
- When submitting the form, the information is immediately sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have difficulty with the form or have questions regarding insurance, email email@example.com or call (252) 328-2010.
3. Making a Reservation for Out of State Locations:
- To Receive ECU Discount: Please contact Enterprise at 724-525-2325 for Account Number if using ProCard.
Rental car information on pages 12-15
What About Gas?
Your ECU ProCard can be used to fuel the rental vehicle while on business use. Keep your receipts as you will need them to submit when reconciling your ProCard statement.
If you are not using an ECU ProCard for gas, you may use any major credit card. However, you will need to then submit receipts to your department for reimbursement if permitted.
Enterprise Driver Verification
The renter must possess a valid driver’s license. No driver history check is required.
- Qualified licensed drivers 18 years and older are eligible and protected while on state business. For use of the 15 passenger vans, renters must be 21 years of age and up.
Enterprise Billing and Fees
Enterprise charges are incurred based on either a daily, weekly, or monthly rate. Please see chart below.
If using a ProCard, charges will appear on your monthly statements and you must have payment receipt attached for documentation.
Enterprise will not charge to cancel your reservation. Rentals will not be charged or billed until the rental agreement originates at the time of pick-up. No additional fees will be applied for an extension of your rental. If the vehicle is returned early, the renter/department will only be charged for the actual length of the rental.
The following amenities and services are also included in the base rates provided for business use:
- $1,000,000 combined Single Limit Third Party Liability Protection in the US for all classes.
- Zero deductible Damage Waiver in the US for all car classes.
- Unlimited miles in the US for all car classes.
Please reference the new mileage reimbursement policy as well as the update on the reimbursement rates per mile at the following link:
Vehicle Reimbursement for Mileage
(Personal Vehicle Use)
The North Carolina Office of State Budget and Management has provided additional reimbursement guidance regarding use of personal vehicles for state business.
A. Reimbursement rates effective November 2, 2020(subject to change):
- If the round trip does not exceed 100 miles, the employee will be reimbursed at a rate of $0.575 per mile for the entire trip.
- If the round trip exceeds 100 miles, the employee will be reimbursed at a rate of $0.33 cents per mile for the entire trip.
The ECU Mileage calculator has been updated to reflect the change.
B. As an alternative to utilizing your own personal vehicle for state business, you may rent a short-term vehicle under “State Term Contract 975B Vehicle Rental Services”.
Any questions, please contact our travel office at 252-737-5700, or visit our web site at Travel Office.